Fundamentals of Neuroscience is a three-course series that explores the structure and function of the nervous system—from the inner workings of a single nerve cell to the staggering complexity of the brain and the social interactions they enable.
Free The Electrical Properties of the Neuron Course – Harvard
In this first course, you’ll learn how individual neurons use electricity to transmit information. You’ll build a neuron, piece by piece, using interactive simulations, then travel around Harvard’s campus, where you’ll see the inner workings of a lab and learn how to conduct DIY neuroscience experiments on your own.
Join us as we study the electrical properties in individual neurons, building a foundation for understanding the function of the entire nervous system.
What you’ll learn
- Fundamentals of bioelectricity
- The importance of resting potential
- The properties of passive membranes
- Action potentials, their currents, and their role in the nervous system
- How you can do neuroscience in your home